Mexican food is considered the most popular style of international cuisine in the entire country, and with good reason. The flavorful dishes provide a little something for everyone; vegans, vegetarians, and hearty meat eaters can all enjoy a well-made Mexican dish. Chances are, you’d never even thought of throwing a Taco Party before we mentioned it, but now you can’t get it out of your head. You probably already have the taco event menu ideas in your head, but executing them is another task altogether. Find a taco catering business to take care of all of those mouthwatering Mexican dishes (and do all the work on those event menu ideas) and focus on the second most important aspect of hosting: the alcohol.
1. Old Fashioned: Whisky and steak tell a story as old as time of a perfect match made in heaven; it only goes to reason that this simple beverage would pair great with carne asada tacos.
- 1 1/2 oz bourbon or rye whiskey (bourbon for sweetness, rye for spice)
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 sugar cube
- A few splashes plain water
Place the sugar cube in an empty glass and saturate it with bitters, adding the water. Muddle until the cube is completely dissolved, then add ice and your whiskey of choice. Garnish with an orange peel and cherry if you’re feeling fancy.
2. Mojito: The fresh, cooling rum and mint combination pairs perfectly with vegetarian meals, whether you’re indulging in mushrooms, bean tacos, or poblano peppers. Its balanced flavor can hold up to a litany of intense dishes, and the soothing mint can help those who are a little bit more sensitive to spice.
- 1 1/2 oz white rum
- 6 leaves of mint
- Soda water
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
Muddle your mint sprigs with the sugar and lime juice. Add the rum and fill the remaining glass with soda water, adding an extra mint leaf on top for presentation.
3. El Diablo: This sweet, tart, and spicy drink highlights the use of a blackcurrant liqueur and features the all-star Mexican liquor: tequila. For those more adventurous eaters, it also pairs perfectly with lengua, a delightful name for a dish made of beef tongue.
- 1 1/2 oz reposado tequila
- 1/2 oz Crème de Cassis
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- 3 oz ginger beer
Combine everything but the ginger beer into a shaker with ice and go wild! Strain into a glass with fresh ice and top it all off with the ginger beer.
With so many Mexican event menu ideas to choose from, alcohol should be the last thing you’re worried about. With these three tasty adult beverages, your friends will be begging you to throw another taco party…and soon!